Hemorrhoid Banding is a safe, effective, treatment for hemorrhoids.
Your doctor will use a device to create suction around the hemorrhoid, pulling the tissue into place. Then they’ll place a small rubber band around the base of the hemorrhoid. The rubber band cuts off the blood supply to the hemorrhoid, causing it to shrink and fall off within 7-10 days. Most people don’t even notice when this occurs.
You should consider hemorrhoid banding if:
● You suffer from hemorrhoids.
● Over-the-counter products don’t provide relief.
● You want a safe, effective alternative to more invasive techniques.
Your doctor will conduct a routine examination to chart your hemorrhoid history and rule out any other diseases as a cause for your symptoms. Special preparations, like fasting, aren’t usually required, but your doctor may advise otherwise.
Inform your doctor of:
● Any medication that you take regularly
● Any known allergies to medication
● Any medical conditions that will require special attention, such as;
○ heart conditions
○ lung conditions ○ any other major condition
It’s important to follow all of your doctor’s instructions.
The hemorrhoid banding procedure is mild with little to no pain. Your doctor will treat 1-2 hemorrhoids in one treatment, any more than that will require a return visit 4-6 weeks later.
● Are advised to avoid strenuous activity the day of the procedure
● Are able to resume all normal activity the following day
● Do not notice any post-procedure pain
● Do not notice any bleeding